Cassa di Risparmio delle Provincie Lombarde (CARIPLO) - Intesa Sanpaolo Bank
Cassa di Risparmio delle Provincie Lombarde (CARIPLO)
1816 – The Viennese Imperial Government established a Central Commission to be tasked with job-creation initiatives in order to assist the lower classes; such committee for ‘local welfare’ was later called Commissione Centrale di Beneficenza (CCB).
1823 – The CCB establishes a bank under the name of Cassa di Risparmio di Milano (Savings bank of Milan).
1860 – The Kingdom of Italy approves the corporate by-laws of Cassa.
1867 – Cassa creates a special accounting structure to provide loans secured on land and real-estate, called Credito Fondiario .
1925 – Foundation of the International Thrift Institut, a think-tank promoting thrift, care of Cassa di Risparmio delle Provincie Lombarde, located in via Monte di Pietà, Milan.
1928 – Cariplo creates a special accounting structure to provide financing to agro-business in Lombardy, called Credito Agrario.
1953 - Cariplo promotes the foundation of a separate bank called Mediocredito Regionale Lombardo to support its corporate clientele with medium-term financing.
1958 – A separate accounting structure within Cariplo is tasked with public works financing, the Sezione Autonoma per le Opere Pubbliche (public works finance section).
1991 – CARIPLO SpA is incorporated as a joint-stock company.
1998 – CARIPLO and Banco Ambrosiano Veneto merge together to form Banca Intesa Group.